Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Harry Potter or Fly Fishing

I don't have any major fly fishing plans down here in Mississippi this weekend due to the fact that I am participating in an epic 2-day Harry Potter movie marathon.  Harry Potter is one of the few things that can tear me away from fishing.  The combination of magic and fly fishing brought a couple things to mind that I'd like to share:

1.  Apparently Emma Watson likes fly fishing.  According to her wikipedia page, she supports the Wild Trout Trust, which I believe is the British version of Trout Unlimited.  Also, she ties her own flies.  In case you need more proof, here's one more.  I just wish I could have found some pictures...

2.  Casting a Spell, The Bamboo Fly Rod and the American Pursuit of Perfection - George Black.  This is a good book on the history of bamboo rod making in the U.S.  I can't see myself dropping $1k on a bamboo rod any time soon, but interesting nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment