Monday, July 1, 2013

Flea Market Finds

A few weeks ago I took Mrs. Michissippi to the flea market in Mobile, Alabama to look for a birthday present for her. She'd been wanting to go the flea market for months, and I'd been avoiding it like the plague. We didn't find a birthday present, but we did find something else. Funny how things work out...



Two new (to me) rods and a reel. One of the rods is fiberglass and the other is graphite. I believe that both are 8 weights. Time to land a red on glass! I'm not really into vintage fly fishing gear (at least I wasn't until this), but the reel in particular has a very classic look. It has two drag settings: on or off.

Add some backing and some old 8 wt Rio line I had lying around, and voila, a whole new rig!


Moral of the story is, if you're looking for some low cost classic fishing gear, take your wife to the local flea market.

No comments:

Post a Comment