Friday, April 27, 2012

Flyday

Consider this the first installment of what might become a weekly post on whatever I feel like every Friday (Flyday) a la "Monday Morning Coffee" over at Fontinalis Rising.  (I'm not hiding anything - I model much of my site after my favorite blogs.) 

So here's what's on my mind this week:

I recently discovered the Itinerant Angler Podcast (what took me so long, right?) and it is fantastic.  I don't even know what I like so much about it; its just very satisfying, and I've ended up listening to a couple of the 30 minute podcasts each day this week since I found them.

Also, if you're ever bored, go to This River is Wild, and just start reading.  Go to the archives and start from the beginning in 2008.  I started a few weeks ago and am still in 2009.  It is my absolute favorite blog, and those guys have hundreds of quality posts filled with fish.  One day fishing with them is like one year fishing with me.  Then again, I just don't fish like they do.  Its dawn to dusk fishing, followed by sleeping in a truck in a Walmart parking lot, followed by dawn to dusk fishing the next day.  I think I like reading about it more than I'd like doing it.

Well, I've got to go tie some flies and some leaders (its rough not having a fly shop in the area) in preparation for fishing this weekend.  In fact I think I'll do it while listening to another Itinerant Angler Podcast!  A typical wild and crazy Friday night for me...  Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment